These biscuits may look very plain, but trust me these are anything but boring. They’re the easiest, most delicious vegan biscuits that have that satisfying snap when broken. This is my go-to quick baking recipe when at uni. They are made from just five ingredients: ground almonds, almond milk, buckwheat flour, coconut oil and coconut sugar. This recipe makes six biscuits.
100g ground almonds
90g buckwheat flour
40g coconut oil, melted
1.5 tbsp coconut sugar
3 tbsp almond milk
1. Put all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
2. When all of the ingredients are combined, press the mixture into a ball, wrap in cling film and then place in the fridge to chill for approximately 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 180c fan and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
4. After 30 minutes, remove the biscuit dough from the fridge and separate into six pieces.
5. One at a time, roll each section of mixture in your hand, flattening it onto the baking tray to form a biscuit shape.
6. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, turning the biscuits upside half way through.
7. When they are golden brown, remove from the oven and leave to cool.