These savoury vegan biscuits would be perfect for breakfast, but equally great as a mid-afternoon snack as they work really well topped with a berry jam or nut butter for example. They only have five simple ingredients and are very quick and easy to make. I tend to make them on a Monday and store them in an air-tight containing so I can snack on them throughout the week.
Makes 12 biscuits
80g ground almonds
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
150ml almond milk (or any other dairy-free milk)
• Preheat the oven to 180C and line two trays with baking paper.
• Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl, and then add the milk gradually to combine assessing the amount needed. Keep adding the milk until the mixture begins to stick together without it being too sticky.
• Using your hands split the mixture into 12 and roll into balls. Flatten these onto the lined baking tray.
• Place into the oven for 25-30 minutes, until they start to turn golden brown. Turn the biscuits over half way through.
• Remove from the oven, leave to cool, and then enjoy.